The St John Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course gives you the skills to perform CPR on a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace:
This course provides the skills and knowledge to be able to develop an asthma risk assessment and emergency management strategy to handle asthma episodes in the workplace. It provides background knowledge of the triggers, signs, symptoms, and effects of asthma as well as emergency management.
22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis:
This course provides the skills and knowledge to be able to provide first aid to a person experiencing anaphylaxis until the arrival of medical assistance. The course also covers the recognition, risk management, prevention, and risk minimisation strategies related to anaphylaxis. It provides the outcomes required to develop and implement a risk management plan to reduce the risk of severe reactions in individuals diagnosed at risk of anaphylaxis.
What certification do you get?
This is an accredited course. On successful completion of this course you will be issued a statement of attainment in:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- 22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
St John recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, that first aid skills are renewed every 3 years and resuscitation skills (HLTAID009/HLTAID015) are renewed every 12 months.
The course covers the following:
• DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
• Managing unconscious breathing casualties
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Using a defibrillator (AED)
• Legal issues in first aid
• Infection control
• Asthma, Anaphylaxis, and allergy overview
• Asthma and Anaphylaxis signs, symptoms, and triggers
• Asthma and Anaphylaxis medications and devices
• Asthma and Anaphylaxis action plans and first aid management
• Asthma and Anaphylaxis risk management planning for the workplace
• Hands-on-practice in using Asthma inhalers and spacers
• Hands-on-practice adrenaline auto-injector administration (Epi-pen)