Use our Course Wizard
The flagship St John Ambulance first aid course covers a comprehensive range of topics to enable participants to confidently manage emergency situations and provide a first aid response to a casualty. It covers the most common first aid injuries and illnesses.
This course is slower paced and requires no pre-learning.
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
This course provides participants with the skills to manage common first aid situations that can arise in an electrical services industry environment, including rescue from low voltage panels. It is suitable for people employed as electricians and others employed in the electrical services industry.
• HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
This remote area first aid course is specifically designed to meet the first aid needs of bushwalkers, wilderness guides, and people who work or live in remote locations.
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
The St John Advanced Resuscitation course is a course designed for experienced first aiders who use specific equipment and often work in higher risk environments. This course develops advanced skills for providing life support and focuses on the use of oxygen delivery systems and in-depth knowledge and skill in the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AED).
This course is appropriate for people who work in high-risk areas, act as first aiders to larger facilities or groups, or work in areas where help may be delayed or have difficulty accessing casualties. The course covers a broad range of advanced skills and provides you with high level skills in management of large incidents, major trauma, sudden cardiac arrest and emotionally disturbed and drug affected casualties.
Do you work with heavy machinery or in a high-risk work environment? A higher first aid qualification may be required to ensure your staff and employees are protected against potential dangers.
This course equips students for emergencies in a high-risk work environment and provides the skills necessary to be responsible for a first aid room.
Designed to equip parents, grandparents and carers with the knowledge to manage basic, everyday first aid situations specific to children up to school age, as well as empowering them to know what to do should the worst case scenario occurs.
Learn to recognise and respond to asthmatic or anaphylactic emergency including the use of inhalers and adrenaline auto-injectors. The St John Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course gives you the skills to perform CPR on a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- 22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
This course is designed to give you the confidence, knowledge, and skills to recognise and manage asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies including the use of the asthma inhaler and the adrenaline auto-injector.
This nationally recognized and comprehensive course is relevant to a wide range of people and provides the learner with essential skills and confidence to recognise and help with a range of mental issues such as depression, anxiety, suicide, and addiction.
St John ACT provides nationally accredited and non-accredited first aid and mental health training. Our courses are delivered by a local team of qualified and experienced trainers.
Our training courses provide for all industry and qualification requirements, and can be delivered in our dedicated training facilities across the Territory - or onsite. Onsite training can be tailored specifically for the needs of your organisation.
First aid training in the workplace can provide employees the confidence to know what to do in an emergency. Training can be tailored to meet workplace requirements. Provide skills on how to care for a colleague and additional capability to assist with emergencies in the community or at home. A well-trained and confident First Aider can literally make the difference between life and death.
All training courses are delivered in partnership with St John Ambulance Australia RTO 88041.
For more information please contact our training team on:
Purchase a new First Aid Kit at a special discount when you do your first aid training with St John ACT.
To be eligible for this offer customers must have completed a St John First Aid Course on the same day as purchase.
In order to comply with Standard 1.8 of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Standards for the Continuing Registration of a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), we need to confirm the identification of all participants in accredited training. This is to ensure that the person providing assessment evidence (the learner), is the person who is enrolled and is subsequently issued the Statement of Attainment/Qualification. We use a Unique Student Identifier for this.
What is the USI?
To enrol in a course for a nationally recognised qualification, it is required by law to provide your Unique Student Identifier. The USI is a reference number made up of ten (10) characters (numbers and letters) that:
- creates a secure on-line record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia from all training providers you undertake recognised training with
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- can be accessed on-line—anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create
- stays with you for life. Your USI gives you access to an on-line record of the training you have done since 1 January 2015. You can also produce a comprehensive written record of your training.
Your USI can be used when applying for a job, seeking a credit transfer, or demonstrating prerequisites when undertaking further training.
Further information regarding USI is available in the Participants Handbook or by visiting the website, www.usi.gov.au/
- A full refund will be given where a notice to cancel is given by the enrolled participant at least 7 business days prior to the course date.
- A full refund will be given where St John ACT fails to provide the agreed course.
- A 50% refund will apply where a notice to cancel is given by the enrolled participant not less than 3 and not more than 6 business days’ prior to the course date.
- No refund will be given where notice to cancel is given by the enrolled participant less than 3 business days prior to the course date.
- No refund will be given where a learner fails to attend a course and has not previously notified St John ACT.
- No transfer fee will apply where a minimum of 7 business days’ notice requesting a transfer is given prior to the course date.
- A booking may only be transferred a maximum of two times and may only be transferred by the participant enrolled in the course or the person that made the original booking.
- A transfer fee may apply where a transfer is requested less than 7 business days prior to the course date.
- An exception to these policies may be applied at the sole discretion of St John ACT where the person is able to show good cause for non-attendance. Good cause for this purpose includes, but is not limited to, presentation of a medical certificate and unanticipated changes to work commitments with employer confirmation.
For our full Refund and Course Transfer Policies – please click here.
- Customer Guarantees https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/buying-products-and-services/consumer-rights-and-guarantees
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 https://www.asqa.gov.au/standards