Do you work with heavy machinery or in a high-risk work environment? A higher first aid qualification may be required to ensure your staff and employees are protected against potential dangers.
This course equips students for emergencies in a high-risk work environment and provides the skills necessary to be responsible for a first aid room.
What certification do you get?
This is an accredited course. On successful completion of this course you will be issued a statement of attainment in:
This course covers the following:
|• Resuscitation including using a soft bag resuscitator|
• Oxygen therapy and application of an AED, including equipment maintenance
• Clinical assessment in detail
• Basic anatomy of all body systems
• Risk assessment
• Managing all aspects of a First Aid Room
|• Management of: Eye injuries, lifting and moving of a casualty, head, neck and spinal injuries including collars and spine board|
• Casualties who are emotionally disturbed and under the influence of drugs and alcohol
• Post incident management
• First aid in the context of the workplace
• Relevant First Aid legislation
• Planning a response to a major incident
• Evaluating provision of First Aid