This course provides participants with the skills to manage common first aid situations that can arise in an electrical services industry environment, including rescue from low voltage panels. It is suitable for people employed as electricians and others employed in the electrical services industry.
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a pre-requisite for this course. For those who do not have the unit of competency will be required to undertake HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation prior to commencing UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
What certification do you get?
On successful completion of this course you will be issued a statement of attainment in:
• HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
St John recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, that first aid skills are renewed every 3 years and resuscitation skills (HLTAID009/HLTAID015) are renewed every 12 months.
This course covers the following:
|• Introduction to low voltage principles|
• Managing the unconscious, breathing casualty
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• DRSABCD action plan
• Legal issues
|• Defibrillation awareness|
• Infection control
• Defibrillation awareness
• Hazards and risk management
• Identifying and labelling the isolation point
• Performing a rescue from a low voltage (LV) panel